Staff at Owlswick are committed to:
- Creating a caring environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect regardless of religion, race, gender, culture, disability or sexuality. We appreciate that each individual is different and have their own unique talents and life experiences.
- Enabling each young person to achieve their full potential and develop expectations that the standards of care and education they receive will be of a excellent standard.
- Recognising and rewarding progress and achievement whilst being sensitive to the needs and abilities of all of the young people.
- Enabling each young person to develop a positive sense of worth and self esteem in order to develop their capacity and capability to live and work as adults within our society.
- Providing information about how the home and school will run and the behaviours and approaches which all staff and young people can expect to demonstrate and receive.
- Providing good management and leadership to ensure that resources are effectively managed and that there is a recognised emphasis on quality in terms of the care and education services provided.
- Providing a welcoming school and home where the environment promotes that it is a good place for young people to live, develop and feel accepted and cared for.